BISG's Supply Chain Committee works to increase the efficiency of book manufacturing and distribution processes. The committee investigates issues and formulates new approaches or enhances existing approaches to identified supply-chain challenges. The committee is chaired by Shanya Webb Dray of Kaplan Publishing.
The committee is currently working to:
Identify and provide relevant solutions for book industry supply-chain pain points
Examine the impact of new technologies, standards and processes on the supply chain
Develop surveys, research and white papers on supply-chain trends
Collaborate with other industry organizations to create useful documents and solutions
Why work on Supply Chain?
Our work improves the communication of product data and specifications across the supply chain. This provides benefits in at least three ways:
- Understanding trends helps publishers, retailers and manufacturers better plan products and inventory availability
- Understanding technologies supports development of more accurate forecasting tools
- Standards help publishers and retailers coordinate and comply with best practices.
What can you expect to see from our work?
- Supply-chain best practices for digital printing (a new document)
- Manufacturing trends survey and report
- Best Practices in Transactional Standards (a new document)
- Guidelines for Shipping Container Labeling (an updated document)
Our working group
The Latest from BISG's Supply Chain Committee Webinar
To kick off the new year, BISG's first webinar featured the Supply Chain Committee. Watch the recording at any on our GoToWebinar channel.